It has been awarded:
- Singapore Promising Brands
- Singapore Brand Awards
- April 2022 – Columbus, Ohio, USA Fellowship Medal Award (Dr Yap Tiong Peng, IGARD Vision Therapy Singapore)
- Asia’s Most Awarded Vision Therapy Doctor (VTOD) with Triple Clinical Fellowships + USA Board Certification in Behavioural Optometry and Vision Therapy
- Awarded the prestigious David & Diane Goss Fellowship by the American Academy of Optometry Foundation in 2020
- Awarded Science Communication Trg Fellowship by the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) in 2020
- Research by Dr Yap was featured as “New and Important in Pediatric Ophthalmology” in 2019 by the American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS)
- Qualified Since 1998 & Fully Registered & Licensed (OOB: E0801262I, Ministry of Health)
- Graduated from the University of Manchester (UK), University of New South Wales (Australia), University of London (UK) and Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London (UK)
- Best Eye Specialist (Top 3 in Singapore) – ExpatLiving Readers’ Choice 2022
- – More about Dr Yap: https://rb.gy/cvjphx
Senior Consultant Optometrist Yap Tiong Peng (IGARD Group) and Singapore Health Minister Mr Gan Kim Yong.
Senior Consultant Optometrist Yap Tiong Peng (IGARD Group Singapore) receiving a certificate of appreciation from Singapore Member of Parliament Mr Alex Yam at the People’s Association.
Yap Tiong Peng presented at the 54th International Society for Clinical Electrophysiology of Vision (Pediatrics Symposium) on Transient Visual Evoked Potentials in Children with Bilateral Refractive Amblyopia (2016).
Some of the things that we have achieved for the past one year:
- Presented for Continuing Education Lecture Series on Paediatric Optometry – Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore – June/July 2015
- Presented for Continuing Education Lecture entitled “Refraction and dispensing for children and adults with anisometropia” – Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore – Oct 2015
- Presentation entitled “Cortical processing of a child with refractive astigmatic amblyopia” at the Asia Pacific Optometric Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Oct 2015
- Singapore Brands Award (presented on Jan 2016) and Singapore Prominent Brand (Emergent) Award (presented in April 2016) in recognition of the team’s work at IGARD.
- Presented on Continuing Education Lecture on Neurodevelopmental Optometry – National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Feb 2016
- Presented on Continuing Education Lecture on Neurodevelopmental Optometry – Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore – Feb 2016
- Interviewed by Young Parents (A magazine from Singapore Press Holdings) and featured on the March 2016 issue entitled “Poor vision causes bad grades?” . It is also published online in May 2016.
- Presentation entitled “Cortical Processing in Children with Bilateral Refractive Amblyopia” at the Annual Meeting of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development, St Louis, Missouri, USA – April 2016 (Yap, Boon, Suttle and Luu)
- Lectured on “Vision Therapy and Brain Injuries” to Postgrad Students on the MSc Clinical Optometry at the National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – April/May 2016
- Published article entitled “Optical shops must go beyond refraction-only services” on The Straits Times – May 2016
- Published an article on “Driving and Vision” on Singapore’s Highway Magazine in association with the Singapore Optometric Association and Automobile Association of Singapore – June 2016